I'm grieving on the fact that I'll never eat as much for the rest of my life.

Food is a very enjoyable activity for me. Without consequences, I could eat a boat load of unhealthy food day after day. With consequences, I was still doing it because if was fun and exciting in the moment but unfortunately, consequences were there to stop me to some extend. I've been stopping them successfully for the past 3-4 years to some extend dropping almost 100 pounds during those 4 years and I'm making a bit more effort now to get to my 160 pounds goal and I just realized that those days are over.

I'll never eat again 4-5 hot-dogs in one sitting, or a full bag of Doritos, eating a big Blizzard from DQ with a flush on the side. Name it. Those days are over of will have to be planned in advance in the CICO maintenance budget and some of them won't be makeable if I'll want to keep in maintenance when I'll get there.

Something great is happening though is the fun I have to make food. Trying new recipes, making a mess out of my kitchen to make a new meal and being proud. Really proud. I often make recipes in big quantities and I freeze most of it to be eaten over the course of several weeks to save time and money. Even then, It sucks because I have to control this new hobby of mine because even though I love to cook now, I can't cook too much as a single guy I don't want to waste food either. I often bring food at work when I'm trying a new recipe, specially a dessert I want to make but don't want to have it at home in big quantities. I keep few pieces and bring the rest. I make my coworkers happy though but I can't do it too often.

I slowly get the same enjoyment from the food I'm making. I'm not saying I'm not enjoying the food I'm eating now but it's not the same and I see it when I do eat some treats once in a while. I've bought a 4 pack of ice-cream Oreos (250cal each) that I budget once a week in my diet and damn that moment is great. It almost makes me guilty to enjoy it so much because it shows I haven't completely change my thoughts about food yet.

I don't know where I'm going with this but it shows to me what my relationship with food is changing, will continue to change and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it work in a very long term sense.

Anyone had similar thoughts and feelings similar to this?

submitted by /u/drloz5531201091
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LIFYer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...