I'm mostly writing these out so I will remember them, but this is a compilation of logical things that normal people do that I really should be doing.
- Eat slowly, chew a lot, and enjoy your food. I do this stupid thing where I eat as fast as possible, often without chewing it, sometimes finishing a meal within 5 minutes.
- Stop eating when you're full (wow who would have thought?), even if there's still food left in your plate. This applies to buffet situations too. Just because there is more food, it doesn't mean it's an opportunity to stuff yourself (especially when you're borderline obese).
- If something tastes average/bad, don't keep on eating it. I have that mentality of "if it is food, I will eat it", whereas my skinnier friends (to my shock) would literally throw something away/not touch it again if they don't like it. I will just complain but keep on eating it.
- Don't eat when you're not hungry. Say no to the chips/brownies/muffins or whatever is offered. This is not the last time you'll see chips, and you're not even hungry, there is literally no reason to eat it.
- Just because you saw an ice cream shop/food place that sells something you like, it doesn't mean you should go and buy that type of food right away. The shop is neither unique nor will it disappear. I struggle with this so much, but yesterday, for the first time, I nonchalantly said "let's go here next time" to an ice cream shop.
If you guys have any more basic, logical shit that you don't do, feel free to comment. Sighhhhh.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DYvtxr
No comments:
Post a Comment