Are women meant to have a very low BMI?

I see this around a couple of subreddits often that women are meant to have a BMI <20 because we consequently hold more fat than men and that we are more likely to be medically obese at a BMI of, say, 21. A comment as an example. I am curious as to which studies point to this determination, and how sharply health diminishes past this BMI cutoff, since I have under 10 lbs between me and an ideal BMI (currently 20.9) so I don't see how that would make my health odds much worse, although naturally I aesthetically I look better minus that 10 lbs (but that's not the point).

submitted by /u/DapperKale
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JsF3Mu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...