Am I being stupid?

So I have struggled with weight for a while, it's a pretty normal backstory for this sub. I recently started to change my lifestyle to be healthier and to lose weight, I don't have an goals apart from becoming someone who lives a healthy lifestyle with a balance of nutritious food, exercise, and enjoyment.

So, I calculated my TDEE as 2500(roughly, depending on formula you use). My initial gradual change is simple, count my calories, eat in an 8 hour window, and walk to and from work 5 times a week(roughly 8km daily at least).

I am pretty happy on this so far, I've gone from 122kg(165ish lbs) to 117kg(155lbs) over the course of a week, I know most of that is water weight and that's totally fine!

What concerns me is that usually if I wait for lunch, have a good salad(chicken, greens, sweetcorn, carrots, asparagus with olive oil) I then don't feel hungry till about 6pm, at which point I drink Huel(it's a vegan, meal replacement, natural and very nutritious). I've realised I'm on about 600kcal daily when I do this just because I don't feel super hungry once I've eaten. I even have some crisps(chips) and chocolates in my room but haven't been tempted because I'm not super hungry. Should I eat more? I am getting ally vitamins and minerals, I don't feel tired, drowsy, or light headed. I feel comfortable(apart from the morning) and just don't want to set myself up for failure. Am I being stupid?

TL:DR - I am about 1900 below maintenance because the food fills me up, feel ok and am getting my nutrients, am I being stupid? Should I force myself to eat more?

submitted by /u/No_brain_no_life
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2EyRdjI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...