Lost 90lb, put half back on, lost and confused about how to start again

So I started trying to lose some weight about three years ago, and it went well. I was about 330lb and I don't know how, I just woke up one day was in a mindset of I'm going to eat different and lose weight, and be more healthy. I started adding more and more walking to my day, eating probably around 1500cal a day, and over a year and a half I got myself down to about 240, hit a plateau and just stayed there for a while.

I'm not sure what happened but just as I woke up on day and started doing this without thinking, I just seemed to stop focusing on what I eat. My weight stayed the same for a while but then started to creep back up. Over a year I put 20lb back on, and since the start of the year it just started to go back up quicker and now I'm back at about 285, and I'm really lost as to what to do. If I eat fewer calories for a couple of days my weight goes down, but then I have a big meal because either I'm out celebrating someones birthday or just don't think and that goes back on.

If I lose half a lb across a few days it feels like a hard-earned celebration, but when I gain a couple of lb (I maybe stupidly weigh myself daily trying to give myself a little motivation) then I feel like almost the worlds worst person. From here I'm a bit stuck, because I'm not sure how to get myself back to where I want to be, all I know at this stage is this is taking up too much of my mental space, especially the doubt and anger/hatred aimed at myself for sliding back up (my weight goes up and it seems I'm in a bad mood all day), and that my body aches some days from all my walking, but I don't want to stop because then I'll slide back up even quicker. Has anyone been in this doubt position before, and know how they've gotten themselves out of it, because it seems trying this on my own isn't working, and something needs to change.

submitted by /u/simonpcook
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IK9VJ1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...