I'm overweight. I never used to be like this, in fact for my teens and early twenties I was underweight. Now, I want to get a healthy body through healthy means.
I always had an extremely toxic relationship with food due to an internalised self hatred. I have starved myself, purged, over exercised and now the pendulum has swung and I'm eating my feelings, poisoning my body with unhealthy food (lots of sugar etc).
I am seeing a therapist for my mental health problems but was wondering if anyone had any experiences with losing weight in a positive way with a history of mental health problems.
I don't want to swing the other way returning to toxic patterns, but I kind of.... Don't know how to be healthy.
Recently, I've started going to the gym and I've downloaded a meal planning app. But I feel out of my depth. I feel like another binge is just around the corner especially if my mood drops. Or I'm going to become obsessed.
I don't know how to break the link between my mood and my food. As I feel this is fundamentally my problem. Does any one have any advice?
Sorry for the rambling post.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GzwNse
No comments:
Post a Comment