I gained 18 pounds in a year - Time for a change!

I recently went to the doctor to get my birth control prescription renewed. I got on the scale weighting at 183, at 5'2. I was aware I was gaining weight, but I shrugged it off and told myself I'd start working out starting Monday. Then my doctor sat down in the room and looked at my chart and gave a surprised look "you've gained 18 pounds since your last physical a year ago". My heart dropped, but there was no need to act surprised. I ate because I was stressed. I ate because I was bored. I ate because I was angry, sad, or to just treat myself. Yeah I ate a few salads here and there and went to the gym sometimes but nothing to compensate how much I was overeating. So instead of claiming to start dieting and exercising the beginning of the week, I've started today. I feel like if I post this here, someone will see it and it will keep me committed. If you guys have any tips on how to stay on track, please let me know!

submitted by /u/empathy3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WT7WVt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...