I fit into a size I haven't been able to for three years!

So a bit of backstory - until last november I hadn't owned a pair of jeans in nearly two years when my last pair ripped at the inner thighs. I convinced myself it's because I found them uncomfortable and preferred leggings and tights in the winter but if we're being honest it's just because I felt gross thinking about the size I'd have to buy. The last pair that ripped were a UK 12 and I couldn't bear having to go higher than that. This past winter I kinda just got sick of being slightly too cold all winter so I bought two pairs and was a bit deflated seeing I was a UK 14 as this was after I'd already lost just under 15lb.

I started up the weightloss again in January and have lost a fair bit since then. The jeans I had only recently bought were getting obviously too loose and my friend at work said she'd bring in some of her old jeans for me since she's also lost a bit of weight. I accepted her offer but wasn't holding out much hope since she's always been smaller than me. She brought in 5 pairs in a UK 10 and I tried on one pair this morning while I was in a rush to get to work and THEY FIT. I haven't been a size 10 since I was 19 so I am ecstatic! I have lost two dress sizes since November!

For some reason I always just thought I was a big girl so hadn't actually imagined I could get back into sizing that would be single digits but with the amount left that I was to lose I'm pretty sure I'll finish this journey at least a size 8.

I also haven't done anything extreme to get here. I've just done CICO (currently on day 76 of logging on mfp) and aiming to hit 10k steps. I don't always stay within my calorie goal and I don't always hit my step goal but my effort is consistent so I'm on a steady losing track. I'm also now nearly getting into weight territory that I haven't been since I was 15 - I'm interested to know what I'll look like lower than 146 as an adult woman instead of a teenager.

Success on the scale is great but non scale victories feel that much better, I think because they happen to me so randomly. Like I'll randomly notice something has changed which helps me actually visualise the difference in my body since day to day I don't notice it and I don't really know what to make of the number on a scale other than as a loss or gain.

submitted by /u/nimphette
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2uNSYEl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...