How to Stay Accountable

About 8 years ago when DH and I first started dating I was around 210. I got to 175 on my own by picking up running again and eating more salads. About a year and a half ago while wedding planning, I joined Weight Watchers and got down to 155. After the wedding, we bought a house and it turned out to need tons of work. We haven't had a kitchen in 6 months due a burst pipe. I'm in my last year of grad school which involves an unpaid internship. I'm also working part time on the days I'm not doing my internship to help pay the bills. My point is, life hasn't exactly been easy this year and I've gotten right back up to 175. I really want to get back down to 155 and stay there. I'm relatively fit but exercise is the first thing to get cut from my busy schedule. I try to fit in at least two Orange Theory workouts per week. I do have a medical issue that I found out about two months ago, and am taking blood thinners and had to change up my birth control this month.

Anyway, I found that Weight Watchers was no longer working for me--as a vegetarian I found it to be EXTREMELY limiting and come on, I can't even eat avocados without feeling guilty about it?! I would rather not spend another dollar on programs that are marketed to me on social media. What I think is missing is a person that will hold me accountable. The one part of WW that I consistently enjoyed was the "Connect" social media aspect of it. The only reason I'm able to workout so hard at Orange Theory is because there is a trainer there telling me exactly what to do, in the moment. I think I need someone like that, but for nutrition. I've been tracking on the Loseit app and that's all well and good, but there's no social connection there.

TL;DR I have all kinds of excuses why I put back on the 20 pounds I lost, and feel that it might not have happened if I had a better social support system.

How do you find someone who will be supportive, but also hold you accountable for your decisions, without spending money on apps or a nutritionist?

submitted by /u/MrsMoog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2vmcDf3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...