How do I deal with a parent who just wouldn't cooperate?

Hello.

I'm a university student and sometimes come visit my folks at their place over weekends. I've been a tad overweight for a couple of years, and while I don't want to point any fingers, I'm pretty sure it's because of my mom.

Don't get me wrong, she means well and just wants to make sure I'm well-fed, but sometimes it's not a great thing. Today, she was making sandwiches, and I added the sandwiches to my tracking app. After thinking about my budget and looking at the count, I decided to eat just a single sandwich. Of course I'll survive until lunch. That said, as usual, she tried to press me for a couple more.

This hit me: I cannot really overcome my situation until I deal with this. What should I do? Have any of you been through something like this before? Maybe with your SO? Should I just confront her? I don't want to offend her and I know she means the best.

Thanks

submitted by /u/zyoki
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LbbaTB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...