Finally pushed myself to complete my first personal goal!

I feel like I could run outside and scream my heart out right now!

Yesterday, I came back from a retreat with my senior grade feeling grateful for all the friends I had and was overall in my happiest state over the last few years. But, along with this emotional flow came regrets for al the people I hadn’t talked to due to my self-consciousness and some guilt for all the things I had promised myself to do solve these issues such as more exercise and eating healthier, it was a very rough patch.

I’m only 17 and already weight 85kg and during my childhood I remember being over 60kg in Year 6. I was fully obsessed with playing video games, indulged myself in all the junk and never really considered where it would lead to in my teen years. Fast forward to Year 12 and these last few months I had noticed I had become increasingly self-conscious of my weight and found myself slightly jealous of the peers and around me for their slim figures. Although I’m friends with a lot of people in the grade sometimes I felt like it was just because they saw me as a bumbly body they could tease a lot. It never really hurt me though but I knew that there was definitely something I could do to fix things and make things right for both me and the others.

My overall goal for this year was to drop from 85kg down to at least 55-60kg before school ended and senior prom came around. I made some efforts in March but they eventually fell flat due to stress and anxiety from the heavy work load, laziness, and the toughness of eating healthy. Now 4 months into the year with only another 6 months before prom, I felt like I really needed to up my game.

So, today I pushed myself from lounging around doing nothing to seeing how far I could push myself. Previously, it took me over 26 minutes to complete 2.5km out of the 5K daily goal I set myself and that didn’t include the multiple break I found myself making for water or when out of breath. Today, I decided to see just how much stamina I had.

Low and behold, I found myself able to push 2.5km in just over 17min without stopping which to me is an absolutely amazing feat! And honestly, I felt like I could keep going but I didn’t want to overdo it too early. I also decided that rather than pushing the whole 5K in one go, I would split into a morning and evening session of 2.5K respectively. It feel the most alive I’ve been in ages and I have another 2 weeks of holidays to see if I can uphold this achievement. I know that it seems easy during the first day or two but I found myself having fun testing myself to see how far I could go and really look forward to doing it again tomorrow!

submitted by /u/BlueCrystals_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2P4zZP6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...