https://imgur.com/a/F87UVpg Today I was going through old photos on my Snapchat stories and was completely taken aback by how much my face has changed since I lost weight! On the left I am at my highest weight of 205 lbs (I am 5’10” for reference.) On the right is my most recent selfie, at 160 ish pounds. Most days, I have a hard time telling that there’s any difference in my body. There is a complete dissonance and I still feel like I am 205 lbs, so it was a really big surprise to see the side by side. I am, dare I say, proud of myself. I achieved this through two important things: CICO and taking care of my mental health. I also participated in 16/8 intermittent fasting. Getting help for my depression had a huge impact that aided in me losing some of my apathy for life and to take the first step to increase my confidence and feel healthier. I also found out I had ADD (inattentive type), and learned that many individuals who struggle with this are overweight, due to lower levels of dopamine (the reward neurotransmitter.) This deficit can cause individuals to seek that quick hit of dopamine- often times in the form of a sugary treat. I still want to lose another 10-15 lbs, but today I feel good about myself. I’m new to the sub so I don’t know how much the mental health aspect gets talked about, but for me it was such an important part of my journey.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2L79URr
No comments:
Post a Comment