So I am back with a update! Still going strong with diet and exercise. No magic to it or short cuts.
Starting weight was some where around 260 ish. I found this out when I went to a Drs appointment about 2 weeks ago. I was 263 pounds on my visit to her in October of last year but did not actually start trying to lose weight until November. I had no idea I ever got that high. I thought my starting weight was around 250.
But great news at the Dr! My cholesterol is PERFECT. My liver numbers look great (was a hardcore alcoholic) and everything else is spot on. Previously I had high cholesterol and while my liver numbers had improved since I stopped drinking they were still elevated. But since losing the weight and exercising everything looks completely normal. My blood pressure is also down from 130/90 ish to a amazing 115/75. I cannot tell anyone how much better I feel. But not just physically. All around life is better. I hike, run, weight lift and just outright enjoy life more now. Being obese no longer hinders my everyday activities and keeps me from doing things that I want to do. Not to mention the self esteem boost.
So if anyone is on the fence.. start NOW. Even if you do not dive in 100% at first just make small changes. Make one better choice when eating. Walk a little. Just something. But once you get started stick with it! You will not regret it.
If anyone is curios how I did it.. I will tell you but you will not like what you hear most likely. Simple diet and exercise. Download a calorie counting app. Get a Fitbit (or similar device to track activity levels) and go to fucking town. 10k steps a day MIN. Eat healthy! Start walking if you cannot run and then run when you are able. Do some googling to find a good weight lifting plan for you and stick to it. It is hard work. But it is worth it.
Sometime in November of 2018 (around 245-255) - https://imgur.com/a/0eFZDL4
This week (around 183) - https://imgur.com/a/G4dciSA
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IosQbf
No comments:
Post a Comment