Advice for when EVERYTHING is against you

I know how that sounds but really, let me explain my situation. For most of the year I work on a small cruise ship, six month contracts then two months vacation. During my last contract, we were in "code red" for 5 of the 6 months, this means there is, or is potential for highly infectious illness onboard (nothing serious, usually just a cold or something, but to avoid it spreading they're on top of it very quickly) as a result, they close the crew gym. In our rooms you can't spread your arms without hitting both sides, and we have roommates so you can hardly exercise in there, there are also no other open spaces to use. During the day when we are in port, I usually have to work, so can't even go outside and exercise then. I do what I can when I can, but it's just not enough. Is there any such thing as a minimal space work out?! Then there's the food: it is utter shite. Meal time is always a buffet of which 9/10 dishes are meat. I haven't eaten meat since I was a child and the vegetarian option is almost always pasta, fine, as long as I can balance it right? Unfortunately I find maggots in the vegetables so often I just gave up. There is no form of protein except the meat, and if we try to bring any fresh food onboard ourselves it is confiscated. My diet has pretty much been bread and pasta the last five months, because I have no other option! I have to work very hard to loose weight, I'm part of one of those families who are just fat if we don't focus and as a result the only way I've been able to keep some control is by undereating, and I've still gained weight. I'm a 22 year old female and I want to lose at least 28lbs, so any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thank you guys! (P.s. I'm brand new here so please direct me if I've posted this in the wrong place!)

submitted by /u/Buonalibellula
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Uww0Aa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...