Weightloss - a cure for my insomnia. My joining post.

Hello,

today is exactly one month since I started my weightloss process and as a long time lurker I finally decided to join this beautiful community, because I have many observations about the effects - and one of them was totally unexpected. But we'll go back to that.

I (30F) only had ~22 lbs to loose (9 of which is already gone, yay!). My perfect high school weight when I was looking and feeling good was 128 lbs. Because of my desk job and unconditional love to unhealthy food I've gained up to 150 lbs and after few years of hating my mirror I finally decided to take care of myself. On February 4th I switched to drinking at least 2 litres of water + healthy cooking + excercising 5 times a week (swimming pool / stationary bike).

So far, no cheat meals or binging episodes (not feeling particular cravings or urges...YET).

Many things were expectable - my body started to shrink, skin became clear, office clothes needed first replacement etc.

But there is also one thing that I completelly did not expect, yet it happened and I am over the moon about it.

For >10 years I suffered from insomnia. I had huge troubles with falling asleep and/or multiple waking up during the night, like every 30 minutes (IF I managed to fall asleep in a first place). I tried so many things, meditation, sleep medication of few kinds, psychotherapy, applying all the rules of sleep hygiene etc. NOTHING EVER WORKED.

Now? I am falling asleep within 20 minutes and if I wake up in the night, it's only one or two times to go pee-pee.

I don't know how that happened, maybe I wasn't "tired" enough from my desk-work only? Or smth else? Anyway it's the profit I am able to cry about, because of joy of course. Finally, after a long decade, I can have some good night sleep!

So, summing up, I already lost mentioned 9 lbs in 4 weeks, I still have ~13 lbs to loose but I think I will reach that in the next 2 months at most. The real fun will be to maintain the success, right?

For now, I am heading the first cheat moment, weekend in Prague, can't imagine not having few famous Czech beers or knedliki's. I hope that full day of walking for sightseeing is burning calories :-)

Nice to join you guys and any if you can offer any insight how to deal with the weekend trip to not ruin the process - I would be grateful!

submitted by /u/bossalova
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Tx5R3C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...