The chicken god has failed me

As we all came to know in our journey: Chicken is love. Chicken is live. But today our loving chicken mother has failed me miserably. I was getting two very nice chicken legs from the grocery store and was looking forward to them all day. I am on 1500 cals per day and I knew that chicken legs have more cals than breast so I saved up 1000 cals for dinner. For dinner I was preparing the legs just with salt, pepper, fresh thyme and a small touch of olive oil (5 ml). I wanted to eat some salad with them but honestly they were so filling I just kept the salad for tomorrow. So know the bad part: I weighed the bones and subtracted it from the raw weight of the legs. Thankfully the amount of calories per 100 g was on the package. Guess how much these two plain legs had?

1100 calories!

Yes I know they were big and I ate them with the skin, but wtf? This is why measuring your food with a scale and logging is important. I would have eyeballed them to be around 600-700 calories. This is how easy it is to underestimate your intake.

submitted by /u/Vertigoxyz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UjWFwR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...