Started yesterday, shouldve started sooner

Hello fellow loseit-ers.

After years of knowing I should do something about my weight and choosing to eat everything I see I have decided it is time for a change.

I turned 30 a couple weeks ago, went to the Doctor yesterday for a checkup and Maxed out his scale that went to 400lbs. Most horribly embarassing moment of my life and I think I needed it.

Decided right then it was time for a change. I had been putting it off for too long, mostly because what I expect to be the usual reasons, laziness, fear, anxiety of judgement, not knowing where or how to start and the list goes on. No more!! I spent about 20 minutes in my car googling gyms in my area, prices and amenities, stopped on the way home and signed up at a local gym. Decent size, they have a sauna blah blah, for now a gym is just a gym. They have a floor scale, 426lbs. I am 6"2, for a healthy body what I have read as a goal seems to be about 200-225lbs. HA. My level of doubt is higher than my cholesterol. But I have to do something so I will start small.

I went on the treadmill at a 9% grade and 2.0 speed, about the 28 minute mark I felt like I might die (not literally) so that was it for me and I sat back in my car for about 10 minutes just letting my mind race and my hearbeat slow back down. It felt good.. it felt terrible. I am clueless, and other than knowing I need to watch my calorie intake I am completely lost on what in the actual fuck I am supposed to be doing. I went back today and did the same incline and speed for 40 minutes, then just walked around and looked at all the machines that could be used to help me, kill me, or help build a space shuttle. It felt better. I have since nixxed all sodas and sugars, snacks, junk, fast food, Cooked a bunch of chicken breasts and brocolli I had in the freezer. I have downloaded Myfitnesspal as I read in another post as a recommendation.

There are hundreds and thousands of posts that tell all kinds of stories, tons of websites trying to sell you stuff. supplements, vitamins, nonsense I assume. If any of you weight losers can give me a bit of sound advice where to start, what to pay attention to, what NOT to do, or point me in the direction of legitimate reading material I would be greatly appreciative.

Shootz

submitted by /u/waitweightgoaway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YbKhkX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...