It's not always what it seems!

I've been steadily losing a pound or less a week, CICO (I have a longer previous post that details all the things) since January.

This past week, I ate right to the edge of my calories each day, worked out as usual, and then on Saturday spent the entire day eating out because we were having a reunion of sorts with old friends. I could have chosen healthier options than I did, but I at least tried to be aware of when I was getting full and STOP at that point. Is the pizza your favorite and delicious? Yes. Do you "need" another piece? No. Walk away. 🙅

I expected on Sunday (my weigh-in day) not to lose very much; I hadn't been as careful as I could've been. Sure enough, I stepped onto the scale first thing and hadn't lost an ounce. I tried to remind myself all day that maintenance is STILL GOOD, especially for having eaten the way I had the day before. And there had been some weeks in the past where I wouldn't lose and then would lose MORE than a pound the following week. "Keep it in perspective. Don't be discouraged."

I got on the scale this morning just out of curiosity, and about a pound was gone. I was very surprised! It helped confirm to me that one day of off-eating wasn't going to undo everything I'd worked for, and that I was being more aware than I thought. Also that weight can fluctuate a lot, especially between days.

That's all. Hope everyone is starting their week of well. Let's work hard! 😎✊

submitted by /u/mongaloogirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UXTHOM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...