Advice for the mentally ill

I have suffered from severe depression and anxiety for the past decade or so. During that time, I have slowly gotten fatter and fatter. I’ve tried my best to keep it in check, but last week I weighed myself and realized I’d broken the three hundred pound mark and that something had to be done. What do you do when you’re too depressed to exercise, too anxious to be seen exercising, and too depressed to cultivate healthy habits? Food has always been my primary coping mechanism.

I’ve asked a friend to keep me accountable as far as my diet goes. When we graduate and don’t live together anymore, I’ll lose that help. I don’t have the willpower to do this by myself.

How do I do this? Where do my fellow mentally ill people find the discipline and the strength to keep themselves physically healthy?

Please advise.

submitted by /u/sadfatthrowawaylol
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Fzrvwv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...