Ill try and just hit the points so as not to write and entire novel.
Age 4-23 ish. Always overweight and was usually the biggest kid in class. Kids can be brutal and my self esteem never fully recovered.
Age 23 I got sick of diets and finally got a Gastric Intestinal bypass (Stomach stapling) . That sucked but I lose 150lbs (I was 400lbs) and was keeping it off over the next few years. I changed my diet allot and no longer ate junk food.
Age 24 I was in a horrific car accident crushing my knee and nearly broke my back. I spent the next year+ learning how to walk and had 4 surgeries to piece things back together. Needless to say I still have major damage in both areas. I cant run, jump or stand for extended periods of time. Max walking distance is about a mile before the pain gets to me. My knee is so bad even an elliptical and excessive bike are painful. Sit-ups are also pretty painful with 2 80% crushed disks and 1 hemorrhaged into a cavity in my spine.
Age 29 I got married. Had 3 kids and gained back 50 pounds.
Age 39 to 48
I only (almost only) eat well balanced home cooked meals. Super low carbs and no sugars. Real sugar actually makes me feel sick now. I don't drink or smoke. Portions are still controlled from the gastric bypass. I eat less then my 9 year old daughter. For the past year I've been on Keto and lost all of 15lbs. 1500-1800 calories a day and 20 grams or less carbs. All sweeteners changed to Stevia (SweetLeaf) so no blends that defeat the purpose. Keto is pretty strict and allot of things are completely gone, Im not going to list them because I want to keep this post as short as I can. Also because of the Gastric Bypass I take supplements B12, Iron, Potassium (I have a major problem with low potassium), Magnesium and D3.
I've spoken to my doctor about my weight and had tests run. No abnormal hormones or anything that he can find that would be causing my weight problem.
My biggest vise is coffee. I have 3 cups a day with 3 tbs of half/half and my Stevia.
Biggest known downfall is not enough water. I know the coffee doesn't count. I'm trying to drink more pure water.
To be completely honest I cheat once in a great while. I have the very occasional slice of Keto Pizza or a single home cooked burger on keto buns, maybe 2 Keto tacos. But for the most part I try very hard to keep a healthy diet.
The only thing that worked in the past was a 100% juicing diet but it was brutal and I couldn't sustain it.
So that bring me here and like the title says Im out of ideals. Im currently 295 with a BMi of 41%. Based on my height and build the doctor suggested a goal weight of 230. Not skinny but fitting for me. So that means I have 65lbs to lose.
Any advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CJryny
No comments:
Post a Comment