Do you remember me? I made a post about Monica's inner fat girl. Let's talk about being comfortable.

It's been about 2 years since my last post. I'm 5'2" and I started at my highest weight ever of 176.2 lbs in 2015. My Inner Fat Girl isn't so loud anymore. I weighed in at 117.4 lbs today and I decided it warranted a new progress picture (links down below) and an update.

​

For the amount of time I've been 'at this', I probably should have already hit my body goals. I'm very on/off. Some weeks/months, I work hard. Others, not so much! Actually, I'm sorta 'off' right now. However, that being said...I'm at the point where I've learned healthy, sustainable habits (if you, uh, ignore the alcoholism). I'm half-assedly (that's a word, right?) counting calories. I've also found fun ways to keep myself active (Zumba & pole dancing).

​

I'm definitely not where I want to be yet. I'm short and unfortunately, my particular body type doesn't give me much leeway. I have 7 lbs to go before I reach my goal weight. I'm quite soft and I still have a belly, although it's getting smaller. My next big project will have me learning about macros and building muscle. I think they call it 'recomposition'. I have no motivation for that yet but I will. For now, I'm comfortable.

​

When I tried Jenny Craig back in 2012, the consultant said something that stuck with me. We go through levels of feeling comfortable. When we are in the process of losing, sometimes we get content to remain at certain levels. Until suddenly, we aren't, which triggers a surge of motivation to try harder. For me it was 130-140 lbs (I hovered around there for a long time) and now it's anything less than 120 lbs.

​

It's nice feeling comfortable because it takes away most of the incessant impatience I used to feel. I look good in clothes, I feel light on my feet, I have more energy, and I feel confident. I just had a 5 year anniversary with my boyfriend so I don't worry much about feeling self-conscious when naked. He's seen me way worse, lol. Do I want to rock a flat stomach while wearing that Slayer bikini with the pentagrams on the titties? HELL YES. But all in good time, my chums.

​

r/progresspics post: https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics/comments/b71cxl/f2752_139lbs_117lbs_22lbs_2_years_since_my_last/

​

Progress pic next to my old progress pics (157 lbs > 139 lbs > 117 lbs):

https://imgur.com/a/L8X7c9m

​

How are your Inner Fat Girls doing these days? ;)

submitted by /u/BrutalDeathMetal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Uqsojj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...