catching myself acting like a skinny person

As a person who has been extremely overweight all their life, I will never truly understand what it is like to be skinny. Even as I've lost 85lbs (with many more to go), I catch myself surprised by how skinny people refer to food. I definitely have a skewed perception of food and I'm not sure it will ever be normal. It is however, much better.

Anyways, I was just casually cleaning up my room and I realized that last night I pulled a total skinny person move. In case you're not aware Trader Joe's sells delicious super low calorie cookies. I'm obsessed with them. They're my kryptonite. Last night I popped open the tub, grabbed one, and ate about half. I set it down, walked away, got distracted. Now it's the next day, late afternoon and I just noticed that I have about a bite left of that cookie just sitting on my desk. I WOULD HAVE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE!!! Before, I would have consumed that cookie plus another five/ten even if I didn't really want to or was really hungry. Plus, before if I had left it to go to sleep, I would have snatched it up in the morning before class, even though it is definitely stale now. I know I wouldn't even enjoy the taste, it's a compulsion.

Not today! Today is the day I yeet that cookie into the trash without even caring. Little things keep me going.

submitted by /u/coyotea72
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FF60ZI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...