5 weeks in and progress has stalled - muscle weight?

Hey - I'm a 6 foot male who weighed in at 257 before radically changing my lifestyle beginning in February this year.

​

I began a 500 calorie a day reduction and began working out a lot. I do strength training 3 times a week following the StrongLifts 5x5 (I also walk/run for 2 miles on those days) and about 2 - 4 days a week I do some other physical activity - play tennis, basketball, long hikes or running, etc.

​

This has been a radical transformation. I went from completely, utterly sedentary to extremely active all throughout the week and it feels great - I was incredibly athletic when I was younger and I've rediscovered the joy of being outside and of working out.

I also have been eating *way* less. I'm not weighing food but I am measuring what I eat and keeping a running tally. My TDEE was 2500+ so I aim for 2000 but realistically I feel guilty if I go above 1800 - 1900.

This is all to say I know for a fact that what I'm doing is in fact a radical turn from my previous lifestyle, I'm not taking it easy or cutting corners or whatever.

​

BUT - the scale hasn't moved down much for weeks now. Shortly after I started (a few days) I went from a starting weight of a consistent 255-257 down to 247-248, most of which I chalked up to water weight. I stayed at that 247-248 range for about 3 - 4 weeks. Only recently (two days ago) did I weigh in at 244 and then today at 245.

​

I'm not a snacker, I'm not loading up on sauces that I'm not counting or drinking soda or stealing bits of candy, I really am eating a simple 3 meals a day that is radically smaller and lower cal then my previous lifestyle, and I'm being very physically active all throughout the week. I don't think I'm underestimating my daily calorie intake.

​

​

  1. Is this due to muscle weight gained? I have noticed bigger muscles on myself and I do look better in the mirror, but I noticed this about two weeks ago and haven't really noticed a difference since.
  2. Am I doing something wrong? Should I cut more? Should I wait? Am I on track?
  3. Should I try something like low carb? Although I am watching my calories, I have heard that some people really respond well to different things like low carb or high fat etc. I know that my Dad is able to lose lots of weight when he gets off carbs. Is there a genetic thing here?

​

​

Any info is really appreciated.

​

submitted by /u/BuilderBob73
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Hj3n2f

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...