I was having a really bad day yesterday. I was super anxious and overwhelmed with life. I wanted nothing more than to eat a bunch of junk food, sit feel bad for myself. I read online that exercise can help anxiety. I'm willing to try anything to make it stop at this point.
I started off with a fast-paced walk. I go for one every night but I never break a sweat and I never run. I've never done anything athletic in my life. I've always felt too embarrassed to exercise is public because of how large I was and how difficult my weight made it.I was 300lbs at my highest weight. That kind of weight made running 20 feet feel like hell. My lungs felt like they were on fire and would pop out of my chest anytime I exercised.
I'm down to 215 without any exercise. The weight difference had a HUGE impact on how my run went. I swallowed my nervousness and went for it. I started jogging. I realized I could run for about a block and a half before I had to slow down to breathe. When I did stop, my chest didn't feel like it was full of fire ants. My breathing went back to normal quickly. One little burst of exercise didn't kill me so I could keep going.
It felt good. My heart stopped pounding from the anxiety. I felt relaxed. I felt like I could breath. I discovered a new coping skill and I can't wait to keep using it. It's made me feel emotional because oh my god, I'm actually doing this. One day I'll look at the scale and be at a healthy weight and I'll be so proud of myself. The diet change was relatively easy to me but the motivation to exercise seemed impossible to gather and yet here I am. :)
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MU392D
No comments:
Post a Comment