I've finally found ways to motivate myself to go to the gym and do cardio - Netflix and Competition

My problem has always been that I will go to the gym 4 times in a week, get sore/bored and take a few days off then end up not going for a month.

 

One day I wanted to burn a lot of calories, I decided to put on a random show and see if I could watch the whole thing while on the treadmill. (I put on Planet Earth, lol) Well, my job already requires me to be on my feet all day and that was a little too hard on my legs so I switched over to the Elliptical for the lower impact. I found it incredibly easy, even putting the resistance really high and going as fast as I could for stretches felt easier because I was so distracted.

 

I realized this could be a game changer, so I told myself I was going to pick shows that I've been wanting to watch, but only to watch them at the gym. I just finished watching the second season of Stranger Things, I wanted to back to the gym twice in one day some times because of the urge to watch it. (No idea why it took me this long to watch that btw, I loved the first season and watched it twice)

 

Another thing I've noticed is the Ellipticals at my gym have daily, weekly and monthly rankings of calories burned and KMs travelled. It's so satisfying going to the monthly rankings and seeing myself all over the top 10. (I finish every time ending in 20, so 620, 520, 420 so I know it's me)

 

For the record, I don't only do the Elliptical at the gym, but this is finally making going to the gym a habit in my every day life and before this I haven't been able to do that. I always felt like I didn't have time, or if I did have free time to go to the gym I never had time to do something like watch a show. So it's just the best of both worlds.

 

So yeah, just thought I'd share. I know I'm not the only person doing this but thought I'd make a post to help give people ideas if they're struggling for motivation like I have for years.

submitted by /u/PHILtheCANADIAN
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RS0FCA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...