Day 1: (Night 1?) New Day, New Me

I was referred here by a couple people and have decided to give it a shot. I've only really been using Reddit recently, so here goes hoping this is OK. I explored the rules extensively but still ๐Ÿ˜›

I'm 18f, 328.4 lbs, 5'11", a BMI of 40+ last I checked. The biggest I've ever been was 333 lbs - the lowest I was able to get to was 274 lbs before my father had a motorcycle accident a couple years ago. It threw me for one hell of a loop but recently I'm trying to fix it! I'm ready to fix it. I want to fix it!

I've battled obesity as long as I can remember and now that I have more control than ever over my life, I'm determined to make this the final battle. Well, it'll be more like the Trojan War really in length but still ๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm sick of getting winded just walking between class periods and going up stairs. I'm sick of always being hot and uncomfortable. My joints hurt. Also, the glorious feeling of your fat hanging off the edge of a hard chair is definitely not my cup of tea. Oh, and bikinis. Maybe some mythical day I'll be able to wear one and NOT hate it and immediately switch it out for a one piece! Maybe I won't need to walk off three rides in a row at Kings Dominion in front of my boyfriend. Yeah, yikes.

GOALS Long-term: Reach 180 lbs and figure out how I feel then, and decide how much more/if I want to keep losing. Short-term goal June 1st: Lose 30 lbs/see if I can fit on some rides at my favorite amusement park, Kings Dominion, again. Notes: Going to try to gradually lean toward not eating after 7pm, being in bed and asleep by 10:30pm, and waking up at 6:45am every morning regardless of what day of the week it is. It's going to be a hard battle to fight because I have crazy insomnia and anxiety, and I do a lot of comfort eating at the moment, but I'm willing to take my fight to that too.

My current plan is to just try to hit the gym a minimum of 3-4 times a week but ideally any day I can get it in. I typically walk the treadmill for 30 minutes gradually upping speed. I start at 2.8 and bump it a point every five minutes after the first 10. I'll then do a few different light but still challenging muscle training exercises. I'm not particularly interested in building muscle mass at the moment and just want to focus on losing weight, consider muscle later. As time goes on I'll start adding more time to my cardio routine as well as different machines once I don't hurt so much on the others. I really do love the machines at the gym - I can binge Netflix and still get in a workout! ๐Ÿ˜œ

I'm going to hit the store tomorrow to try to pick up some healthier foods because although my family means well, they just simply don't understand that I need this, more than the effort they're willing to expend on helping me. Going to meal plan tomorrow since I'm off work and it's a FRIDAY!!

----all that being said, tips/questions are super welcome and I hope to keep you all updated and get to know more of you!

submitted by /u/thewaitinggame8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SkJmiA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...