Went to the DMV to change my photo and weight on my drivers license.

I hit a little bit more than my goal weight. Lost 140lbs in the last 16 months. Well, it was about 14 months but I’ve been maintaining for 2. I hated pulling out my ID for something. Not just because of the awful photo, but because I felt like the person was judging me when they saw my weight. I mean they were probably doing that anyway as soon as they set eyes on me; the whole thing just made me ashamed.

So, finally I went to the DMV and got a new photo and weight listed. It gave me a real boost and for the first time in a little while, it made me really proud of my accomplishment. I tend to downplay it and tell people it was easy, just Calories In Calories Out. But it WASN’T easy!

It was a lot of hard work and discipline, and I’ve come out on this side a much better person for it, I think. I just wanted to share with you guys. You’ve helped this lurker get through more than a few slumps.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share, and for motivating me through this journey.

submitted by /u/ShitandRainbows
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GWefVc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...