Someone Noticed

Let me start this off with some background real quick. I was always a bigger kid, but I wasn't really ever fat. Not until college. I wasn't good at being away from home. Ended up putting on 70ish pounds in 4 years. Just a bit higher than your Freshman 15 lol. I had tried to get back into fitness at least a dozen times since then but I always quit.

This time, I figured maybe I should stick to it for once and see what happens. It's been about a month and I'm down around 20 pounds! It really flies off pretty quickly when you are super out of shape. But anyway, that's not what this post is really about.

So I don't tell anyone really about trying to lose weight so that I don't let people down when I fail. My parents always tell my siblings and me we should lose a few and I don't want to disappoint them again. So I just keep it to myself. Anways, the other day at work my boss called me back to his office. He had just got back from a week long vacation so I hadn't seen him in a few days. He starts talking about work and stops when he looked at me and said "Holy shit. Your other chin is gone! I'm proud of you" then it was back to work. It doesn't seem like much but I've known this guy a long time so it meant a lot. Having someone notice that you've lost some weight, or even acknowledge that you're trying, feels pretty damn good. Especially when you can't see the difference yourself.

submitted by /u/SeppeSetti
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RUnA58

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...