Slow progress & how to break the yo-yo

As someone that lost 60lb, gained 40, lost it again, gained it back again, lost 35lb and gained it back (over the course of five years)- I’m currently on a mission to figure out how to break this cycle and make it sustainable. Im really good at “losing weight” and I know what to do to get it off quickly. But every time I’ve made such drastic changes/completely checked out once I hit my goal weight, I balloon back up. (I’m a boxer so often have to “make weight” on a certain day) Seems like even with all these years of losing these pounds I still have no clue how to eat healthy.

I really want to get to 140, if not 135lb. I’ve been close before (albeit briefly) and loved how I felt/fit in my clothes etc. Currently I’m at 167, after weighing 177lb in November. Earlier last year I’d gone from 182 (Oct 2017) down to 148lb (March 2018), and of course it’s all back once again.

I’m really tired of this cycle, and I’ve started trying to figure out what works for me and what doesn’t. I’m working on moving towards an “intuitive eating” approach, but given that I have no clue how to decipher to my body’s actual hunger cues vs my emotional eating/bingeing habits - it’s taking me a while.

It’s discouraging that my progress is going so much slower. I constantly feel like I’m so close to being back where I started and I get bummed out —> too sad to exercise —> no exercise = overeating —> continues the cycle.

For all of you who are trying to break your yo-yo dieting cycle or those who’ve figured out how to sustainably lose weight without slipping back into your old ways, how’d you do it? Also, how’s you stay motivated if your progress is slower than those who are losing it super quickly? Am I not doing enough?

submitted by /u/alibubblegum
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FrWBHo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...