NSV - When you realize that, no, you’re not just tired and making mistakes, it’s actually getting easier.

For a few weeks now, I’ve been really pushing myself to take control of my health. This has included things like being more cognizant of following CICO, actually using things like my FitBit and the apps that come with it, plus getting into the gym more regularly. Now, unfortunately, before I dove into this I’d really let my health fall by the wayside, so as a result, workouts have been a challenge. I also have an autoimmune condition that has been giving me crazy symptoms, so I’ve just been starting off slow because I want it to actually stick this time. I want this to be my lifestyle, not just my “for now”.

Anyways though, the last two weeks had been really rough for me, autoimmune wise. I’ve got the reallllll fun one-two punch of both fatigue AND insomnia being flare up symptoms, so I end up pretty out of it sometimes, haha. Didn’t wanna let that deter me though, so even in my fogged out state, I was still getting myself to the gym and pushing through it. After one of my gym sessions last week, I was going through my FitBit data and noticed that my heart rate was way down from where it usually was, even though I was still doing the same “start slow” work out. I figured I’d just been too tired/out of it that day, and must not have adjusted my speed or incline properly during my cardio, and must’ve been using lower weights than normal without realizing it. Silly me, messing things up while in the brain fog cloud, what else is new.

Then I went to the gym again last night. I had managed to get a hold on my flare up by the weekend, so I was back to my normal mental state. Imagine my surprise when I started paying attention to my monitor during my cardio warm up, and found that, nope, even at my regular intensity, that definitely says 116 bpm, not 133. And that trend continued throughout the entire rest of my workout. I was able to bump up my incline twice, plus increase my speed by 6 bumps, which finally got me back to my target heart rate range of 125-135. In every weight training exercise I did, except for two that I really struggle with, I was able to increase my weight (even if it was only by a little bit).

Guys, I know it seems so small, but I almost cried. Right before I started this, I had gotten super down on myself. Like, what’s the point? It’s not going to make a difference for you anyways. But surprise! Here we are, 4 weeks later. I may not have dropped crazy amounts of weight yet, and I may still have a long way to go, but a difference HAS been made, and I can’t wait to see what’s next!

submitted by /u/xo-laur
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Sd0G8h

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...