I’ve been super nervous to post in here because it kind of seals the deal, but I committed to the same New Year resolution I do every year: losing weight. Lucky for me I came across r/loseit and all of the beautiful, likeminded people have encouraged me and showed me that I actually can do it.
I’ve been overweight most of my life. I’m 20 years old, 5’6, and my highest weight was 287 lbs. I’ve always been in a mindset that I would love to be healthy, but I never got to the point that I wanted to put in the work until now. I had many issues with it such as I thought I could magically get skinny with “these 5 tips”, I thought that the only kind of exercise was intense cardio and yoga, and I wasn’t willing to let go of my precious junk food. When I joined this community I learned that, yes, WALKING is an exercise! It seems so obvious but for some reason I thought I had to overwork myself to be exercising! That is not the case at all. Just the fact that I’m moving instead of sitting in front of the TV will make me healthier in itself. I also learned more about CICO, and the right way to become healthy. I learned not to do it because I want to be like the model on the magazine or to do it for anyone else. I don’t want to be anyone else, I want to be me and do it for me! I feel like THAT is the most important part.
I’ve lost 2 lbs (now at 285 :) ) since i started about a week ago, but that’s not even what I’m proud of! Yesterday I walked 10.000 steps on Fitbit and I’ve never completed it before and it turned out I had walked 4.5 miles!!! Today was an especially hard day because the gym at both my apartment complex and my college are closed (and it’s very cold outside), but I stayed strong and walked the campus instead! I met my other goals that I set for every day but I had only gotten 9,500 steps so I actually got out of my car to finish it!! I would’ve never done that before. I cannot believe how all of you have opened my eyes to the endless possibilities. I’ve also been doing CICO, and limited myself to 1500 cals a day and so far I’m going strong!
I’m honestly a little nervous about keeping this going for longer than a week fad, but I’m already so much happier with myself! You’re all an inspiration to me, and I’m already in love with this community! Keep being the inspiration that you once needed to see for yourself! You’re all amazing!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2F7bSfX
No comments:
Post a Comment