I’m on mobile so I’m sorry for any formatting issues.
Since I was a pre-teen, grandparents, older folks in general would call me “big boned” as I was a chubbier girl growing up. I finally decided to take my health into my own hands and have started keto and exercising at least 30 mins to an hour 5 times a week. I’m losing weight and I feel fantastic.
I have a coworker that I don’t particularly like to work with, but can tolerate most of the time. She loves to bring in food and will offer it to me when she KNOWS I’m trying to be healthy. She hasn’t offered when I was eating shitty, only now.
Last week, she offered some of her chocolate bar to me and I politely told her no thanks. She scoffed and said, “you know, you’re just going to be a big boned girl. There’s not much you can do about it. Us big boned girls gotta stick together.”
Of course I didn’t say anything rude to her, I just told her I would keep trying to lose my belly fat. But man I wanted to give up right then and there. It was so discouraging. I’ve heard it all my childhood and for her to say it after such a long period of hearing it was awful.
After she had left I realized I am such much more than a “big boned” girl. I was overwhelmed with motivation. I want to prove her wrong. I want to prove them all wrong. And I will.
This entire week has been filled with extra workouts, drinking water heavily, and no cheat meals. Im so close to reaching under 200lbs. I’m so proud of myself and can’t wait to be the 140 I imagine.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RzWtv6
No comments:
Post a Comment