I didn't ruin everything!

I had made really good progress a few years ago. I went from a very scary 198lbs down to 147lbs as a 24-26yr old female by doing a modified Paleo (they can take dairy from my cold dead hands) and working out starting with a cardio class here and there, but ending up with a 1-2 hours a day at the gym 4-5 days a week habit and a running group on Saturday mornings.

I'm now 27 and after a few major life changes (job change, relocation, bad relationship, good relationship, health diagnosis with new meds, long vacations) I'm back to 169lbs. I saw it slowly creeping back up. I would have a few days here and there where I'd catch it and try to bring it back, but it wasn't sticking. And for awhile I was so supremely disappointed in myself. I was on track to undo everything I had worked so hard for and obliterate the person I had become.

But I didn't. I've still lost 30lbs from my all time highest weight. Yeah, I'm having a little trouble squeezing into size 6 and bumped back up to an 8, but I used to be a 16. I actually ran the numbers today and I can be right back at my happy healthy 155lbs before March is out and hit my original goal of 145lbs before April ends and I have to be in my friend's wedding. I haven't ruined anything.

I'm on week 2 of not eating grains and remembering exactly how much easier it is to feel satiated when I'm not eating bread. I'm actually using the gym membership I've had since I moved here and remembering how good it is to feel active and just a little bit sore in the morning. I have so many more tools this time than I did when I first started and I'm so ready to get back to being myself.

So remember, if this isn't your first go around, if you've put a little (or a lot) back on, you've still got this. You're still in the game and this time your playbook is stronger. Let's use it.

submitted by /u/bleeepp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Hw8xK6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...