Hello,
I’m new to this subreddit as your stories have always inspired me yet I have not posted. I’m a female who is 23 years old and in the past five years I have dealt with being overweight, then losing it all from a awful eating disorder, then gaining it back plus more as I’ve progressed into adulthood. I have finally found the confidence to be myself and also now want to actually take care of myself without an ED’s or bad habits. I am tired of how I used to obsess over calories and continuously look at a scale, then when I did start ED recovery I ate really bad foods. I began slowly dieting over three weeks ago by cutting down portion sizes, cutting out soda, and choosing healthier options. I’ve decided not to look at the scale until I actually notice that the weight is really coming off as it’s not healthy for my mental state and makes me feel defeated. I have instead decided to just continue and feel good losing weight by checking how my jeans fit or if I feel happy that day. Otherwise, I’ll just drag myself back into old habits.
I got a calorie tracker but haven’t been worrying over every calorie, just been eating healthier and staying slightly under or at the suggested calories.
Cutting out all the junk recently has helped me get rid of my acne and overall is making me have more energy. That is what I am excited about now!
I have a long journey ahead of me as I gained about 100 lbs in three years after my ED. But I am finally confident enough to make a lifestyle change in a healthy way as I want to mentally feel healthier regarding how I feel about myself. I am on a journey now to get the weight off in a way that makes me feel good about myself, rather than focusing on the number on the scale. I am learning to cut back portion sizes, focus on eating more filling foods that are healthy, and staying away from fast food.
If anyone has a similar story, I’d love to hear it.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2T6VmRi
No comments:
Post a Comment