Thin person habit I’ve seemed to develop: being too lazy to eat mindlessly

Let me explain lol. No, I don’t starve myself because I’m too lazy to cook. I eat the calories I’m supposed to eat. What I mean is, the reason I put on weight in the first place is because I’d take up any reason to eat, not just because I was hungry. I work next to a Wawa (awesome gas station chain in the US). I’d find myself bored at work around 3ish everyday, and most days would give myself the excuse that I was taking a ‘mental sanity’ break and walk over and end up with a Coke and some sort of candy, sometimes a bag of chips as well.Those extra 400ish calories would add up. Sometimes I’d grab a snack on my way home just to have something to mindlessly eat during my traffic-bound drive. If I had to stop and get gas, might as well grab a big of chips and air heads because I’m already there. I wasn’t hungry, those weren’t meals or filling snacks for me. It was purely just mindlessly eating or satisfying a strong craving for sugar.

It hit me yesterday when I stopped at that same Wawa at the end of my work day to get gas. I thought about the fact that I could go inside for a little chocolate. But the craving wasn’t very strong (like it used to be) and I was literally too lazy to go inside. I had a stronger desire to just get home, than go inside and get the chocolate.

I’m not the cleanest eater by any means. Still have fast food (though waaaay less than before), still eat out, still occasionally drink Coke, but it’s those habit changes that have allowed me to lose 20 pounds. To reference I’m 5’2. SW 131 CW 111

Not sure if this will help anyone but here are some tips/habits that helped me lose the weight

*not saying that CICO is for everyone. I can totally see how can get a little obsessive with tracking everything. But macro counting in the beginning really helped me to be aware of calories. I obviously knew I wasn’t eating very well back then, but once I started tracking, I realized how much I was unnecessarily overeating. I haven’t opened myfitnesspal in months. I just guesstimate what’s in my food or check the labels and guess the portions. Sometimes I still weigh things like if I’m eating rice but that’s rare. I tracked long enough that I know the calorie amounts in a lot of the foods I eat. *cut out soda! I know it’s hard. I seriously think I was mildly addicted to Coca Cola at one point. La croix and other flavored seltzer waters were a godsend for me. Now I never drink coke and if I do it’s a Coke Zero and even that is maybe once a week *drink a lot of water throughout the day. This one is still hard for me but it just helps me feel fuller and avoid unnecessarily snacking (I still snack a lot, I’m not a strictly 3 meals a day person, but I snack with purpose now, not just because I’m bored) *little by little, start cutting out sweets. It’s not that you can never have them. But I found the more I let myself eat candy (used to be almost everyday) the more I craved it. And I’d finish it so fast that I was like oh that’s it? And I just wanted more. I still have chocolate, can’t live without it, but it doesn’t need to be everyday *eat more veggies! They’re so filling and low in calories. You can still have rice and pasta and satisfy that craving. But have a smaller portion and replace what you would’ve been eating with veggies that you like *enjoy your food! I tried to be that person that ate brown rice, broccoli, and chicken. That’s just not me. I can’t sacrifice flavor, I tell myself if I’m going to treat myself to some extra calories, it’s going to be on a sauce that helps my meal taste better. I love the food I cook now and I don’t feel deprived (thank you skinny taste for your awesome recipes!!)

Sorry for the super long post. Not sure if this will help anyone, but I’m so thankful for this community. I’ve never been overweight, I don’t have some inspirational I lost 100+ pounds story, but I wasn’t happy with my body and after many failed attempts, I found a sustainable way to keep the weight off

submitted by /u/gvilches21
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QqKvDH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...