Thanksgiving Day was the last day to sign up for a 6 week challenge at my local gym. Around Thanksgiving, I was weighing in at about 218-220 still. I started to track calories again and cut out junk food the next day, and by my first official work out/weigh in the following Tuesday, I weighed in at 210.7
I go to the gym 3 times a week for an hour of strength/conditioning work outs and I've been trying to push myself. I won't like...the first work out absolutely killed me. It involved a ton of mountain climbers and squats and I overworked my muscles so much I could barely walk the next two days.
It's been getting a bit easier each time, and I've been able to up my weights and push myself a bit more each time.
Since the first weigh in, I've only really lost another 1-2 lbs, which is frustrating considering I'm eating about 1400-1600 calories a day and trying to only eat healthy foods, BUT all of my pants are now quite loose and my belt is almost too big now (it's only barely holding my pants up on the tightest notch!) so I can tell that despite the scale not showing much progress since I started the challenge, I'm already down almost 10 lbs since Thanksgiving and I can definitely tell I'm toning and losing some cm/in on my problem areas.
Just wanted to share in case anyone else is struggling or hitting a plateau in their journey...that there are other things to look forward to, not just a # on the scale. Although I could follow the meal plan I was given a bit more strictly, I find that what I've been doing will be more sustainable for me in the long run.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QybrCh
No comments:
Post a Comment