Please tell me what I’m doing wrong (unlikely nsv)

This gets a little wordy, please feel free to skip to the bottom.

So I recently redownloaded Lose It because I really want to make a positive change. I skipped logging what I normally ate and went straight to trying to eat better. My TDEE for my height and weight when listing little to no exercise as my activity level gave me around 2200 calories a day, so I set my limit on Lose It for 1300. Not a solid 1000, I know. Baby steps?

After giving up losing weight earlier this year, I noticed I was eating constantly and barely got of the couch when I wasn’t at work. I would get too lazy to do dishes so I would eat out all the time and mindlessly finish off bags of chips left and right. Before I knew it I was back up to 200 and utterly ashamed of myself. I switched to always taking the stairs to get in and out of my building, which would admittedly be more impressive if I lived on the top floor, and going to the gym three times a week. I gave away all my junk food to my mom and boyfriend and bought a few healthier snacks to keep around my apartment (apples, granola, etc). Along with eating smaller portions, slightly healthier choices, and less often, I’ve also made sure to drink hella water before and during my meal, to chew more slowly, and take more time between bites.

My problem is that even though I know I’m eating way less and being noticeably less lazy, I don’t feel any different. If anything I feel a little more energetic and lot less hungry. I was hungry for maybe three days tops, but now it seems to take hours to get hungry after the last meal and even then it doesn’t seem to bother me as much as it used to.

For about a month straight, I’ve kept under the calorie limit I set for myself, about 1200 on average. I’ve been pretty careful about logging everything I can think of just to be sure I’m not underestimating how much I’m eating. I even bought a kitchen scale to double check the weight on everything. For example, when I make teriyaki chicken, along with the chicken itself, I weight out the sesame seed oil I brown it in, the sauce I stir fry it in, the green onions I top it with(even though they seem to have barely any value) and the rice I put it on. Also, whenever I just have a bite of something I’m offered, I just go in and list it as a quarter of a serving if it’s my recipe, and a half serving if it’s just in the database. Speaking of which, I always double check the accuracy of the unverified foods and make a custom food it’s inaccurate or not the exact brand I’m consuming.

Since starting a little after thanksgiving, I’ve lost about ten pounds which feels impossible given my history. How come now after years of struggling with my weight does everything feel like it’s clicking? Is it possible I’m just missing something with the calorie counting or something? Does it just feel easy because I’m basically just starting out right now? I feel like even though I’ve done a lot of research and tried to emulate methods I saw working for other people on the thread, it’s suspicious and I’m worried I’m learning bad habits or something that will just make it harder for me in the future to accomplish anything.

TL;DR Been tracking my calories as accurately as possible while on a deficit, still feel weirdly satisfied most of the time while still seeming to see results. Am I just finally in the groove or am I stupid and getting something terribly wrong? Is feeling cautiously confident about the little bit of progress I made something I should be proud or wary of? Is this the real life or is it just fantasy?

submitted by /u/gigililbee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2EEmBhr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...