NSV: Today I logged my weight...

...and my weight was up 5 pounds from when I logged last week. I felt bad when I looked at the scale, but I wrote down the number anyway, stuck in my tracker, took a deep breath, and moved on. So why the NSV?

We were travelling for Christmas Saturday through Tuesday, and while I tried to be mindful of my portions, I definitely ate way too much. We were home Wednesday and Thursday, but I overate both days by over 1k calories (that's 1k over my TDEE, not over my goal calories. So I ate more than double what I should have those two days.) Pair that with reduced activity, and I was pre-emptively wincing at the thought of the scale. I know there might be a bit of water weight in my 5 pound gain, but it's plausible I ate enough for some if not all of those 5 pounds to be genuine. It's depressing to acknowledge.

But I was here, 4 years ago. In 2014 I seriously tried, for the first time in my adult life, to lose weight. I managed to lose 50 pounds (235 to 185) from June to December, felt good about myself, and was on track to my goal. Then Christmas came and I just lost it. Fell off the wagon, couldn't face the number after that week of excess. So I just stopped. Stopped weighing myself, stopped counting calories, stopped putting in the effort I knew was needed. All because I couldn't admit I'd gained weight after Christmas.

This isn't the end. Yesterday I ate at my deficit. Today I'll do the same. And I'll keep going, reminding myself that this was just one week of my life. Christmas won't beat me, and it doesn't have to beat any of us! Bad days/weeks will happen, and that's ok, as long as we pick ourselves up afterwards <3

submitted by /u/CaptainPufferFish
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SxhqnX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...