New to Reddit, need to stop making excuses.

well, here we go. I still need to weigh myself (tomorrow morning) and update my stats. I suppose I should take some 'before' photos, too.

Being a tall woman, I've always been able to carry my extra weight rather well but I haven't felt great about myself in a few years. I"ve been on the border of overweight/healthy BMI for probably a decade or so. I had some unhealthy diet habits back in high school and got down to the 140s, but it was not sustainable or healthy.

For some background, I have a 1.5 year old; I gained a bit more than 40lbs during my pregnancy but more or less lot it all within 2 months of giving birth. I breastfed for a year and ate like crap.

My down fall is late night snacking, which usually turns into the equivalent of a whole meal and then some.

We have a whole SLEW of high-quality weight equipment and workout machines in our basement as my husband lifts. I already tried having him help me get started on the weight-lifting path but it didn't go well and was not a good dynamic for us.

I have been very motivated by everyones posts here!! I hope the extra accountability will give me the final push I need to really make some long-lasting healthy lifestyle changes/habits.

In the past I've tried to do everything at once and failed. I think for now I am going to focus on my diet first and cutting out eating after 7pm as a general rule. Then I'll go from there.

I work part-time and sit on my butt. I'm in healthcare. I've recently started using my lunch breaks to do laps or get in a work out from you tube or something in a spare exam room in my clinic.

Excuses I can no longer use: 'I'm breastfeeding' 'Size 10 isn't that bad' 'I can fit into most of my clothing OK' 'We want to have another kid soon so why bother' (This has been the one I use most often lately)

Sick of feeling tired all the time, sick of not liking what I see in the mirror or how I feel.

So, here we go!

submitted by /u/tugbot85
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BXr8d9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...