Lost 34lb since last Thanksgiving! xpost r/PlantBasedDiet

I was recommended to xpost to this subreddit.

But first, the progress photo! I'm 5'2, mid 20's

I lost weight a few years ago through calorie counting. It worked out great until, well, it didn't and I fell back on my old habits. I lost almost 50lbs that way too and gained basically all of it back.

A few years ago I asked my doctor about eating healthier and she directed me to a book advocating for a Whole Food Plant Based lifestyle. I didn't really get the book to be honest, but I found How Not To Die a year ago and I haven't looked back. I don't calorie count, just stick to the eating style (vegan, eating less processed foods). I've had no temptations to drop the lifestyle either.

2 months ago I moved to Japan to study, and the extra walking and lack of food options has lead to me losing 8 pounds over that time.

For people interested in what the diet it/how it works - it's just CICO but acheived through eating less calorie-dense foods (e.g. oil) and instead eating high nutrient-dense food (such as fruits, veggies, etc.). So it's not that CICO didn't work for me but rather that tracking calories was unsustainable. I'm really so happy I found out what Whole Food Plant Based is and I will be forever grateful to my doctor for introducing me to it.

submitted by /u/CONFESSING_CATHOLIC
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QjIucZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...