I need to select an area to improve and am having trouble identifying the beast.

Im stuck, I have hit a plateau. It has been weeks and I continue to toy with the same 3 pounds, up down up down etc... Its driving me crazy. The 65 pounds I have lost thus far came off with small changes and it happened very slowly. I sort of thought, "Eat like a healthy person, get to a healthy weight."...but...im not at a healthy weight yet. I gotta kick it up a notch. There are a lot of ways I can kick it up a notch, but I do best with making one new habit at a time. Im not sure what I should focus on at this point. I need suggestions.

Currently my "Diet Plan" is as follows:

I sort of count my calories, I have some great strict calorie counting days and then I sorta of peter out and "watch it". I get burned out when I obsess over every little thing. I try to keep right around 2000 calories.

Breakfast: Copious amounts of coffee with minimal amounts of sugar free creamer, just enough to make it not black. On days ive measured I average about 100 calories for breakfast. My breakfast cannot be altered any further, no calories can be saved from my breakfast. I need my creamer.

Lunch: Usually a big green salad with a clean protein, either grilled chicken or tuna, maybe an egg. I always measure my dressing and my salads average 500 calories. Its not always salad, sometimes its just leftovers. To control myself when I have no clue what my calorie count is for something heavier like a casserole, I limit the portion by measuring a "big cup", lol... I generally put it in a cup, but I let it peak over the lip like a mound so its more like a cup & a half. My logic behind this is that if I dont have the calorie count I at least need to make sure im not over eating.

Dinner: This is my wild card. It could be anything, I always do a rough count and figure my dinners average 800-1000 calories.

Snacks: Im a picker, I dont actually get a snack but ill snatch a morsel, take literal single bites of things. Like ill go to the fridge with a spoon and take a spoonful of cottage cheese. Or rip off part of a deli slice or steal a grape. Usually this isn't a significant amount of calories, but once in a while, itll be jabbing my finger into a slice of cake and hoovering up a mouthful of frosting or maybe that spoonful will be cookie dough. I usually keep sweets out of the house, but on occasion they find their way in and when they do, it is definitely hard on my discipline.

Dessert: its a sometimes thing, im actually quite proud of myself, ive had a package of Klondike ice cream bars in my freezer for a long long time, I think they come in a pack of 8...Old me, that wouldn't have last 2 weeks...but me me, its been in there a long time and I still have two left. I think the occasional ice cream treat is ok. But again, the temptation is there to over indulge and ive been good but its a risky move cotton.

Booze: I can be a lush once in a while. I generally keep it low cal and just go with vodka & diet soda. But a few nights ago someone brought out their homemade apple pie shots...omg, so amazingly sweet & delicious. I definitely over did it. I skipped dinner that night though. I always account for the unforeseen calorie spike as best I can.

Is it time to start lifting? I donate $30 dollars to my gym every month...should I start darkening their doorway? I used to go, but I had some twisted ideas and it was negatively affecting my diet. Im not sure ive fixed those silly ideas I couldn't get out of my head. The gym is a dangerous place for my diet. For some odd reason I very firmly believe exercise makes me deserving of eating whatever the f I want. "I can have that, I worked out today."...Then when I gain im like, "Oh ya, I only burned 200 calories at the gym and rewarded myself with an 800 calories ice cream..."...It ended up that I should just stick to my weightloss being in the kitchen. But maybe ive grown sense then, maybe im ready to pump some iron and not sabotage it with extras.

Or...maybe I should just keep my focus on the food. I think I need to cut out the evening snack/dessert and just go to bed sooner. Or maybe cut the mound off my "cup of food" and make it a legit cup and not a cup plus some more...Just in general take a little more off my plate. That would just suck because I really do not feel like im over eating now and eating less will surely leave me legit hungry. I hate being hungry. Not sure what area to focus on.

Advice? Direction? Thoughts? Anyone?

submitted by /u/Penetrative
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SG0PxM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...