Have impossible to lose belly fat - diagnosed with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Need advice.

I'm 5'7 and weigh 175 pounds (overweight BMI). I've historically always been very skinny and never had any weight issues but now my belly has gotten fat out of nowhere due to I'm assuming the slowing metabolism that comes with aging. I'm 29. All the fat is in my belly. No where else. My arms legs and everywhere else are not fat at all. Here's the problem - I just got diagnosed with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. I don't drink. I drink like once or twice a year max. I've never been unhealthy or lived an unhealthy lifestyle. It must be due to the excessive fat that has built up in my abdomen for the past 2-3 years. My blood tests show continued increases in liver enzymes, and if I don't get it under control the doctor says I will end up with permanent, irreversible liver damage. I need to lose this belly fat, now.

​

As far as being physically active, I've never been a sedentary person. I currently work 3 days a week, and I don't have a car so in the morning I have to walk 1.3 miles to the bus stop. When I get off the bus I then have to walk another 1.5 miles to my job. Same thing after work - I walk 1.5 miles from my job to the bus stop, take the bus, then walk 1.3 miles home. And I never take a taxi on purpose to both save money and for the brisk walk. At work I stock shelves so I'm constantly standing and moving and I purposefully don't sit my entire 8 hour shift. Also since I don't have a car I walk daily around town to run errands, walk to a friends house or whatever I have to do. I've also been lifting weights since September 1st, 2 times a week on my off days. I've even changed my diet to more fruits and vegetables and now eat no junk food at all.

​

With that said, I feel like I haven't lost a single micro ounce of belly fat. No amount of activity I engage in results in it going away. I'm going to include some pics so you can see what I'm talking about. For the health of my liver I need to get rid of all my belly fat, and right now I am doing everything right I presume, but it won't reduce at all. I feel like I would need to live on a treadmill to make it go away. It feels like I would need to wake up at 8am and literally run until 8pm just to keep it off. How can this belly fat be this impossible to lose? Any thoughts on both why I have this fat and how to make it go away?

​

Here are some pics: https://imgur.com/a/xv7gRgj

submitted by /u/EquivalentBake
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zLypLE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...