Has anyone else benefited from having a "food journal"?

I am 16 years old, currently weigh about 150 pounds and my goal weight is 130 (I'm 5'1)

My heaviest was 190, so in the past four years I've lost 40 pounds. But I know for a fact I could have lost a lot more weight if I ate better (cut down on bread for example, not eating processed "snacks" that market themselves as being healthy)

I think my main issue is snacking in between meals out of boredom when I'm not hungry. Plus for me, being too restrictive (like telling myself I can't eat junk food at all) will result in binge-eating.

So on 11/30, I got a little journal and started writing down everything I eat. It's now 12/1, so it has been a week since then and I think it's actually helping me!

It makes me think twice before I eat something I know isn't good for me, because then I'd have to write it down.

submitted by /u/hummusfever
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RsxHtN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...