I am 16F and I have struggled with my weight since I was 11. My highest was 190 and now I'm 150. So I have lost about forty pounds, but I believe it's mainly from the exercise, because I didn't pay much attention to my diets/eating habits until very recently (stupid, I know)
For about 2 years now, I'm always telling myself I'm going to "go on a diet" and I'm not gonna eat any sweets or unhealthy food at all. This didn't make me lose weight - it ended up making me gain weight and feel even worse. It made me eat even more than I would have if I weren't on a "diet". I'd binge-eat and lie to myself by saying its my last day eating these foods.
One change I have made recently (its been 18 days now) is letting myself eat a little junk food. For example, if my family ordered pizza, I'd allow myself to have one slice. If there was candy (I have a hard time resisting gummy bears) I'd let myself have two pieces per day. I feel really proud of myself because in the past, I'd either end up eating too much pizza/candy or I wouldn't eat at all. But I let myself eat some and I had the self-control to know when to stop. And I felt satisfied.
I think I've also started to view it differently - its not a diet, its a life style change. Even if I were successful with my plan to completely stop eating junk food, I'd break eventually and gain it all back.
But this is actually sustainable.
I'm wondering if anyone else can relate to this.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RZiHDZ
No comments:
Post a Comment