[20M] Lack of family support

I'll start by saying I was raised in the typical finish everything on your plate or you won't get dessert type of household. Took a long time, struggling with health and nutrition to get to where I am today.

I can proudly say on a BMI scale I am officially a healthy weight of 190Lb, down from 230Lb.

My current living situation is with my parents since I am just starting out in my trade.

So tonight my mother approached me and "said you should eat something like a bag of chips you look so hollow"

I have explained to her that I can't since I struggle with binge eating disorder. I stay on a strict ketogenic diet and maintain my current weight through calorie counting.

It was at this point she became combative trying to convince me I look sick and she doesn't support what I'm doing. I got defensive and said "this was fun, let's talk about your weight now." She shut down and grabbed a bowl of fruit loops and went to bed. I feel disapointed in myself knowing I could have handled the situation a bit better, but two years ago I would have binged and hated myself for it.

Today I know who I am and am proud of myself. Don't let people get you down folks. Thank you for the read.

submitted by /u/toastypost
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GdvAc1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...