Hi All- New to Reddit (first post ever) but I've really enjoyed all of the inspirational stories. I appreciate all of you posting and you've inspired me to share my current meal plan because, a.) a little public accountability will help and, b.) although this take on meal prep may be a popular option, I've not seen it quite like this - it's been great for me so far.
Here's how my (pre-plan) typical day went - I would wake up and I'm not hungry at all - blow through my morning work routine and usually work through lunch. By 3pm, I'm starving, so I eat copious amounts of the closest food to me. Then, I sit down for dinner and eat normal, and polish off my day by eating a relatively unhealthy snack at bedtime.
Here's my current plan (I'm on week 3). I ordered 50 8oz containers. I googled 200 calorie whole food snacks. I've meal prepped them and stored them in a mini-fridge so my teenage kids don't inhale them. Some are as simple as 1 banana and a teaspoon of peanut butter while others are more complex, like a Three Bean Chili. My favorite has been the Cottage Cheese, 50 grams of Pear, and a tablespoon of Pistachios. I also drink one 200 calorie protein shake. Each week, I'll throw in a tuna snack, but I've avoided any other meats. Here's the best part - I drink a glass of water with each snack. This almost gets me to a gallon every day! I carry around a lunchbox that fits 6 of these containers, but I'm searching for a full day lunchbox.
I've dropped 9 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks and I've not been hungry at all. It saved me through a few Christmas parties where I would've normally devoured the entire table, but found that I wasn't tempted in the least. Standard disclaimer - I'm not a pro, but I'm pretty sure this isn't for everyone. Of the little amount I've read on it, it seems that it helps regulate blood sugars, but I just did it because I got tired of my 3pm binge. Three meals a day is so embedded into our society, so this plan might be impossible for some. However, if it fits your lifestyle and you want to try it, I'd love to share some ideas, recipes, etc.
I'll include a pic of my fridge in the comments.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S2YPzE
No comments:
Post a Comment