Thoughts on "sugar addiction" after going cold turkey

This post is just based on my experiences. The science seems to be a bit confusing on whether or not sugar is actually addictive so I won't go there.

​

I used to be one of the most sugar addicted people you would ever meet. I literally could not get enough. I'd say about half of my calories were coming from sweets. It was insane. I used to work in a retail store and would buy a bag of candy on my break, a big piece of cheesecake for lunch, and fruit juice on my other break. I'm not sure I've EVER gone a day without sweets since becoming an adult before this month.

​

About 3 weeks ago, I started working with a health coach. I know, you are probably rolling your eyes right now at the concept. But as part of his way to help me, he said I have to send him pictures of everything I put in my mouth. My sugar "addiction" was cured over night. It would be too embarrassing to send pictures of candy or desserts, and I know if I lied he would realize my calorie counts were off from the weight I was losing. I've gone from having sweets multiple times per day to 0 times in 3 weeks (unless you count fruits as "sweets").

​

I feel so much more satiated and energetic all the time. I used to think that sugar gave me energy and I would be so tired without it, but quite the opposite has been true. I haven't had any side effects of "withdrawal" the people who are proponents of sugar as an addiction would have you believe.

​

What do you think? Has anyone else gone cold turkey with sugar? Any thoughts on this topic are more than welcome.

submitted by /u/MotivationPositivity
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zqmLpy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...