Rookie here, I need advice

I (24F) have always had unhealthy relationship with food. I binge ate since I was 10, but I guess I was very physically active since my weight was normal until couple of years ago, when I started an office job which kept me in front of the computer for 8-10 hours a day and exhausted me so much that I did not have the energy to live at the end of the day, let alone exercise.

However, this year I realised I can not wear boots that go to the knees (don't know the English term, not my primary language) because of how wide my glutes have gotten. Thanks to reddit and this community, I started exercising at home (first with 8fit and after few days I included 30 days fitness challenge as well), and started tracking my meals on the LoseIt app. I can say I am very disciplined until now, which is surprising for me.

I faced two challenges during these days:

  1. This is more of a technical issue. Since I am based in Eastern Europe , lots of the food brands I purchase are local and I cannot find them on the LoseIt app. Also, the meals are generally different and more, let's say traditional, so I have trouble logging them. If anyone has faced this issue, how did you resolve it?

  2. The other is more psychological problem. I can't stop expecting the day when I will give up, overeat junk food (I love chips and burgers) and also realise how good is to lie down all evening and not exercise. I have tried to convince myself to think only one day at a time and celebrate every day I don't do these things as a personal victory, but I still can't help but fall into this void of low expectations that I have set for myself. I also need some advice on how to handle this and how to encourage and trust myself more.

Also, thank you for existing! All of you. Even though you don't know I exist, you have encouraged me more than anyone in my life to do this for myself.

submitted by /u/I_am_dharma
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PVKIPL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...