[Rant] I’m not overweight or obese. I’m not unhealthy. I’m just disappointed with myself.

Hi all. 17m here, CW 180, GW whatever I weigh when I’m finally proud of what I see in the mirror. Long time lurker, first time poster.

At the beginning of 2017 I weighed 215lbs. I stepped on the scale and saw something larger than 200 looking back at me. That was the most depressing moment of my life. That was New Years Day. I wanted to change. I had wanted to change for so long. And I had done exactly jack shit about it. And it bit me in the ass.

I remember thinking, “there’s going to be a bunch of people this year who resolve to lose pounds even though they don’t feel as bad as I do. They’re going to crowd the gym for a month and then give up.”

I also distinctly remember thinking, “fuck them. I’ll show them how it’s done.”

Through strict regulation of my diet and frequent exercise (big s/o to Tony Horton and the P90 workout program), I managed to lose 35lbs in about 3 months. I looked better. I felt better. My quality of life improved so much.

Since then I’ve done jack shit. Again. This is what led me to becoming overweight in the first place.

I’ve been telling myself that I’ll resume a strict diet and exercise towards the body I always wanted for the last 21 months. And yet I’m writing this having just eaten a large Blizzard and finished a can of soda. I just bought 48 cans of soda. It doesn’t affect my weight, I can still maintain, but it’s doing fuck all to help me get a six pack.

I’m writing this to try and motivate myself to get off my ass, diet, exercise, stick to both regimens, and keep my head down and plow through the adversity of holiday foods until I have the body I keep telling myself I want. It’s so difficult for me to stay away from all this sugary shit. Maybe this sub can help me.

I’ll be posting daily updates on this sub on my progress as a way of trying to keep myself honest. I’ll be logging my exercise, food, water intake, and weight. If I can’t stick to MyFitnessPal maybe my fucking Reddit addiction will finally do me some good.

It’s time to burn this last layer of shit away for good. I’m not waiting till January to start building a beach body. The beach opens today.

submitted by /u/Kev_Bz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qRX4sZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...