[NSV] I went to try on pants at Target...

I realized yesterday that all of my pants are literally hanging off of me. I also noticed that my size 16 pants were feeling loose but didn't think much of it. Well, I get to Target and start grabbing all kinds of pants in size 16, then for the hell of it I think "let me see how far away I am from a size 14." Now, skinny jeans used to be my enemy...I hated them and they were always unflattering on me. Unfortunately I don't really get a choice in being too picky because of my budget, so I just decided to try it out. I tried on a pair of 16s, in the skinny jeans style, and they looked pretty good. I noticed some room in the waist but pants don't usually fit well over my butt so I moved onto the next.

Grabbed the 14s, again, just to see how far away I was from that size. I held them up and thought... these are too small. I bet they won't even fit over my thighs. Slides leg in...fits. Slid my other leg in...fit. Pulled them all the way up...they fit. Zipped and buttoned them without struggle. I was shocked. I have never been this size in my adult life. I almost cried but then just couldn't stop smiling. I am so proud of myself, and I can't wait to experience more victories!

Background/How I did it: I committed to a lifestyle change, and made a commitment to start taking care of myself mentally and physically in August of 2016. My highest weight was 306lbs, my starting weight at the beginning of my journey was high 200s (298-289lbs probably). I am now currently at 213lbs...a total loss of about 93lbs. I am hoping to get to Onederland by the end of the year. I know my progress has been slow but I was more focused on my mental health in the beginning, and am just now getting serious about the physical parts.

Despite my flimsy commitment to weight loss, I still did it/am doing it. I started with tracking calories, cutting out foods that didn't make me feel well (red meat, dairy, processed sugars, fast food). I failed a lot but I never fell off so hard that I gained again. I was vegan for awhile but it felt too restricting, vegetarian for almost a year but as I kept losing weight I felt I needed more lean proteins and I eat chicken and fish for that. I also kept track of my calories and portions throughout this time.

Currently, I don't track my calories and I eat 2 hearty, healthy, home cooked meals a day that keep me around 1200-1500 calories. I have fasting periods of 12-13 hours most days. I also walk a minimum of 30 min a day, when the weather is nice I hike a lot, run, kayak, swim, and other fun outdoor stuff (running on the beach is one of my favorites). I might join the gym for the winter to do some weight lifting and cardio.

submitted by /u/realisticred
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Rdv9iJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...